MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Goodbye, Kellogg....

Well, I guess Kellogg is not happening for me this year...

Dear MBA Cutie:

The Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application for the Kellogg School of Management and Two-Year Program. Despite your many merits as a candidate, I regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you a place in the entering class. The Admissions Committee carefully evaluated your application in the following areas: work experience, career plans, academic ability and performance, extracurricular and community involvement, leadership and interpersonal skills. Decisions are based upon a thorough evaluation of your individual strengths and weaknesses, as well as your qualifications relative to all others in our applicant pool. This decision is not a reflection of your personal qualities and achievements or your potential for success in management, but merely a reflection of the limited number of places in the class. We certainly wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management and Two-Year Program .

Sincerely,

Beth Flye

Director of Admissions and Financial Aid

I don't know whether to be totally sad or not. Sure, it was a dream. But I think I'll be really happy at Michigan. And I still have TWO more schools to go!

8 Comments:

At 6:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I also received a Kellogg no-go late last week. :( By the way, I just recently started reading your blog, and I think we may have attended the same Kellogg coffee chat in NYC a few weeks ago...

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger Marina said...

wait...when did you get the Michigan decision????

 
At 8:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi cutie - I just started reading your blog and wanted to say congrats on the Ross admission, its Kelloggs loss...

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Anand said...

Sorry about Kellogg and congrats on Michigan.
4th blogger I know who didnt make it to Kellogg (all round 2 applicants) hmmmmm...

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger FooBarMe said...

Congratulations!! on your Ross admission. Have fun in London..it is an awsome city.

 
At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hard luck there..I have a vague recollection of the same words from last week. I did wish for a while that maybe they sent the wrong email. I really regret that I was unable to visit the school(I'm based in England and had a phone interview) and felt that I was really unable to make a connection with the school. But well nevermind. I am in a similar situation as you in the sense that I already have some accepts(Darden-a school I quite like) and Duke, so can afford to be blase about the whole exercise and really grateful that I wont be doing this again. Maybe it's extreme but the chorus from Live's selling the drama- ' now we won't be raped' is playing in my mind now. Appropriate defintion of 'rape' please. Hope you feel similarly and are not too disappointed. All the best for the rest.

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger angie said...

sorry to hear that! it's good to know you have another offer plus a scholarship which makes life a lot easier! Good luck as well with the other applications!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home