MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Friday the 13th

As I sit here at work, eating greasy chinese food, so many things are running through my mind. First of all, why do I have to be at work eating take out. I don't even like it, but I'm hungry. A nice slice of sourdough bread toast and a crisp salad all chopped up at home would have been so much more appetizing. But I guess I am here eating this anyway. Secondly, Michigan announced that they will release all decisions on Friday the 13th. How fabulous is that. Friday the 13th, of all days. Then that makes me realize that I'm flying to London on Friday the 13th. I really shouldn't be afraid. In 2004, I flew to Sao Paulo on September 11th. That's much worse right?

As decision day nears, I don't know if I even want to know. Up until now, there has been hope. Faint glimmers of hope at Stanford, of course, but still quite a bit of promise at Michigan and Kellogg. After the weekend after next, it will be all over.

I resolve, no matter what happens, to use President's day weekend to my own benefit... I will get away somewhere, even if it is by myself (and it may even be better, if it is by myself), to introspect and figure out what I want to do and where I want my life to take me. Even if I end up not getting into any of my target schools, I think I have learned a lot about myself and what I want from life. Maybe that was a lesson worth the cost of all the application fees.

3 Comments:

At 3:31 PM , Blogger Marina said...

Congrats on submitting Wharton! When does Kellogg finish releasing R1?

I am so jealous of your London trip - you'll have a blast! Side question - do you know if any of the internal audit places you or your friends worked at hire consultants? I was thinking it would be cool to get a travel consulting gig for the summer :)

p.s. DO NOT be jealous of Chino. It really is pretty horrible.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

Marina, you could try some big companies, but the one I worked at actually takes it light on the travel in the summer, usually, because all the european affiliates have so much time off in August, it's hard to audit them. Good luck!

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Marina said...

yeah - I was thinking of doing that. Just thought I would check :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home