MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Meet MBA Geeky?

UC-LA! UC-LA! GO BRUINS!!!!

I'm heading out to watch the game at a sports bar in NYC with other Bruin supporters. It should be a mucho-fun time. :)

In retrospect, maybe some of my anonymous commenters are right. MBA Cutie has gotten a little too full of herself lately. Last night, as I was out at the movies with someone (Inside Man .. go see it! Not what you'd expect.), I realized how ditzy, ridiculous and superficial I sound. And I wonder how much of that ditziness --- which many of my friends just chalk up to me being me --- is affecting the way that others perceive me. My posts just don't carry the substance that some of the other MBA Blogger's posts pull. But then, the question to myself is, do I want to? My posts do take advantage of an author's right to dramatization, and perhaps in some respects, fictionalization, but I do try to connect with and maintain the interest of my readers.

Perhaps if this was some sort of publicity scheme, my posts are attractive (although probably not as informative of the MBA process as a whole) to blog readers. What I can say is that this blog has resulted in a lot of unexpected publicity --- from friends, who did not know I had such a dramatic life --- to anonymous commenters, who I'm still trying to figure out. Sometimes I think they like me, sometimes I think they hate me. But regardless, they all seem to continue to read me. Maybe, to satisfy all, MBA Cutie should tap into her alter ego and blog as MBA Geeky... the unkempt, internet surfing, SIMS playing, ochem studying, four-eyed creature with an affinity for text messaging.

But I do want to take the time today, a few hours before UCLA kicks some serious a$$, to thank all my avid readers and fans. Without you, MBA Cutie wouldn't have many people to share the intimate details of her life with. And, I hope, that while busily working away at my MBA in Michigan, I can continue to provide all of you with humor, excitement, and drama as my life continues to progress and unfold.

10 Comments:

At 5:05 PM , Blogger Marina said...

You should write what you want to write and if the anonymous posters don't like it then they should not read it. Ya know?

People are too uptight with the whole admissions process and many need to pull those baseball bats out of their asses and have a good laugh.

Cannot wait to see you again in two weeks!

 
At 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do tend to talk about yourself a lot. Maybe that's how they do it California, but doesn't come off so well on the east coast.

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger qzoink said...

I have a colleague who hated all four leading ladies in "Sex and the City" but still watched the show.

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger sorebrek said...

You're like Madonna - there're only 2 types of people in this world - those who hate Madonna and those who love Madonna. ;-)

 
At 4:45 AM , Blogger MBA Jackass said...

don't change a thing - with a zillion blogs out there i can't imagine why the haters would continue to be such active readers of your writings if they find your prose so immature.

in terms of talking about yourself, what the hell else is a blog about you and your experiences supposed to cover?

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

Thanks guys! :)

 
At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring it home monday night!

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger FooBarMe said...

Dont worry about the anonymous posters - you blog is cool and fun !!

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger brownoski said...

I'm rootin for UCLA too!

 
At 5:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you the fat/ugly yet highly confidant girl that I regularly see and notice in bars/clubs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home