MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Shopping Spree

I'm really good at spending money. Actually, I'm really good at spending money when I don't plan to spend money. After moving into my new "room" yesterday, I felt I had to get out and do something that didn't involve carrying boxes and blindly climbing up stairs. I headed over to Target to buy some bottled water, but the minute I walked in the door, I found myself completely side tracked by the women's clothing section.

I stood mesmerized by a pair of Mossimo jeans, which were pretty cute! And only 27 dollars. So I tried them on. I also tried on two tops, a shrug, a bikini --- all of which I ended up buying. Oh, and add in a necklace and a crocheted purse. I have to give Target credit. Their clothes are actually looking much more stylish, and the prices were so reasonable. This little impromptu shopping spree took me back to my days at UCLA, where my girlfriends and I would immediately run out the door to Forever 21 any time we had to go to a party. The "five-dollar-ho shirt", as we called it, was perfect for those nights where you had to wear something no one had seen yet, knew that it was going to get drenched in spilt drinks, and knew you would probably not ever wear it again. The best part of it all, Target clothing appears to have better quality than any of the stuff I purchased at Forever 21, or other boutique party clothes stores.

And one of the great things about New York is when someone asks you "That's cute! Where did you get that?", you can always respond with "Oh, some tiny little boutique on the upper East/West side... a while ago." And no one knows any better...

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM , Blogger i_will_make_it said...

lol. I can't walk into a clothing store w/out getting that shopping itch either... as they say, "A girl will forever be missing one article of clothing from her wardrobe." It's so true. :-)

Among the mass merchants, I agree that Target's clothes seem trendier (and of better quality). I remember opening Seventeen magazine in high school and seeing Target's clothing ads targeted towards teen girls. KMart was nowhere to be found.

Forever 21 is definitely a girl's clubbing gear haven. Ahh... those good 'ol college days, eh? :-)

 
At 12:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My girlfriend gotta learn from you about buying clothes. According to her, only homeless people and undergraduate students buy clothes at stores like Target.

I get high blood pressure, every time she buys those $200+ designer jeans.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home