MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

And I'm out!

GO BRUINS! That's right, after a bit of a lull, the Bruins are back on top of their game... and in the Final FOUR! I can't wait for next weekend, I can whip out all my blue and gold gear, and head out Blondie's in NYC and cheer with all the fellow alumni that make it out too.

As I sit writing my last blog entry ever from this apartment, I can't help but think this is really happening: I'm really going to put my life on hiatus and go to b-school. In just three months, I'll be high tailing it cross country to make it home in time for a friend's wedding. Then off to India, and then to Michigan to start on my new life. This move has been bittersweet. Everyone knows I don't really care for New Jersey (or the north east) that much, but in the past two years, it has really grown on me, and there is a part of me that is sad to leave it behind.

With my stress regarding the move, and his stress regarding work, the youngin' and I were unable to meet this weekend. Since I went out in the city on Friday, I would never have been able to finish this move on my own if I didn't have the whole weekend to myself. I've been getting constant reminders from my girlfriends about the virtues of arriving in b-school single. I do wonder, when moving onto a new stage in life, is it best to cut off all sentimental ties with the past?

6 Comments:

At 3:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

another great post MBA Cutie.. now gotta u ask u - are you ending your entries Carrie Bradshaw style on purpose? :)

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

well since i get so much feedback from my readers when i end my posts in a carrie bradshaw way.. why not humor everyone? ;) Enjoy!

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger MBA Jackass said...

i'm going to start doing that too - but maybe i'll go for more of a doogie howser style ending...

i think it's getting to that point where showing up for b school single makes more sense. if you met some new hottie in january and it had some momentum by now, maybe it would be worth it. but it's practically april and you'll be getting situated at Ross before you know it...so for the next few months i would devote yourself exclusively to meaningless affairs :)

 
At 11:02 PM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

meaningless affairs, huh? so MBA J, what's ur availability for the next 3 months?

 
At 12:28 AM , Blogger Kelly Winters said...

Had no idea you were a UCLA Alum!! Awesome! I am as well, and my little brother is the current Daily Bruin basketball photographer... you can see his stuff on www.dailybruin.ucla.edu (and you can see him on the court!)

Gooooo Bruins!! So do you hang out with the alumni group here? I wonder if I've met you...

 
At 12:29 AM , Blogger Kelly Winters said...

P.S. regarding dating now vs. b-school .... I went to a meet & greet last week for a school I was admitted to, and distinctly got the feeling people were sizing each other up. Given we all live in the same city now, and will likely end up at b-school together in the fall, I think people were looking to get a head start! Hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home