MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The real deal on applications... and leaving for GBR!

As the last of the second round decisions trickle in, something is clearly evident. Admission to any given school is not necessarily dependent on the quality of a applicant’s personal accomplishments and merits. Perhaps (to the horror of all of us applicants, who painstakingly spent hours upon days creating our perfect applications, tailored to each school), the process has more to do with the Ad Com’s ability to “craft” the right mix for each class. If you happened to be what they think is the best of any particular category they are looking for or you fill a unique deficiency, you will get the spot. Pretty frightening. Rejections, most likely, have nothing to with the quality of our accomplishments. It’s probably that the Admissions Committee is just trying to create a certain type of class. I wish they would tell us that in the beginning of the process as opposed to indicating later that the “quality” of our applications could have been better.

No blogs for a few days… I’ll be in Ann Arbor at GBR!!!! My flight is at 7am out of Philly… and then I have to drive from Detroit to Ann Arbor. It’s going to be a LOOONG day. Having to work from the New York office today is really not helping. I hate being 24! I have to pay a 28 dollar surcharge PER DAY because I am not 25. I am excited to meet everyone! I am looking forward to securing an apartment (I hope within walking distance of the school), and getting a better idea of what my life will be like for the next two years. On Friday night, we have an event called “Whirly Ball”. I wonder what that is. I didn’t sign up for a one on one pre-admit career counseling session because I don’t think it will be helpful to me. Plus, I rather take the time to get to know Ann Arbor and secure housing. I’ll be back Sunday afternoon. Unless we have access to computer labs while we are on campus, I will not be able to update my blog until I get back.

4 Comments:

At 4:19 PM , Blogger MBA Jackass said...

that's deep - i didn't realize that mba cutie was a concept :)

but i hope you're right because i'm banking on business school being infested with as many cuties as possible!

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger Vikram said...

Have a great time in Ann Arbor.

 
At 6:58 PM , Blogger BigAppleNosh said...

Have fun! =o)

 
At 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whirlyball = Bumper Cars + Lacrosse + Basketball + Beer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home