MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Home is where the heart is

Revelations from the heart of an MBA Cutie...

The past few days at GBR were amazing, and I'm so happy that I get to go to a school that really clicks with my personality and where I will have the opportunity to grow and blossom. By the end of GBR, I was definitely ready to come back home though. For as much as I complain and whine about New Jersey, I have to say that I missed this place. I missed my inflateable bed; I missed the craziness of navigating jughandles; I missed watching netflix DVD's on my portable DVD player. I really missed the crazy nightlife options I have grown accustomed to by living so close to NYC. Oh yeah, and I guess I missed a particular someone out here, too. I always say I miss California and I hate the weather here, but there is something that does keep bringing me back to this place. Maybe New Jersey has managed to edge its way into my heart, despite my constant distaste for it.

I had to go try something else to see that maybe I like what I have more than I thought. Ann Arbor is great, and I think the comfort, kindness, and relaxed nature in the midwest will be good for me. But I had to get out there, experience it, and realize that while I'll be happy there, maybe I do have it pretty good here too.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 PM , Blogger Marina said...

I am scared I might fall in love with NYC and not want to come back to SF =/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home