MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

GBR

Everything people say about Michigan is TRUE! It's an academically astute, fun-loving school with such a friendly and welcoming student body. GBR was such a great experience and I got to meet so many people from so many different parts of the country (and world!). I managed to locate and secure an apartment, which is great! It just takes a lot of frustration with relocating away. I had heard a lot of complaints about the facilities before I got there. I really didn't think they were bad. And if anything, they were better than I expected them to be!

On Friday night, there was a party at this place called the "Hill House". A bunch of MBA 1 & 2 guys rented out this house and it seems to be a "gathering point" of sorts. They have this block of ice thing that people pour shots of liquor down. That I had never seen before. It was pretty fun. :) I know why drinking is so popular... it is really, really cold and it's the best way to stay warm. (Maybe not coherent, but definitely warm). My host was nice, but I lost her somewhere in the Hill House.

Last night, I wasn't able to enjoy the festivities at Scorekeepers... I had to attend a family friend's function. I wish I could have gone out. I think my personality fits in really really well with the school and student body. I've never seen a group of people that are so hard working but so fun-loving at the same time. And, interestingly enough, it seems like the students at Michigan really have a certain type of connection with their school. It's hard to describe how much the school means to the students and alumni. The dean described it as most likely resembling "love", and I think he's right.

8 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Blogger Forrest Gump said...

sounds like you guys had lotsa fun. i am sure the RSB experience will be even better.

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Marina said...

I used to love the ice block drinking thing in college. Tonight is the first night I am sober since Tuesday!

 
At 2:20 AM , Blogger techie dude said...

vodka luge is the specialty of Hill House GBR party :) Good you had fun because this is just the beginning.

By the end of 2 years, you will be immune to alcohol...

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger Vikram said...

Sounds like you had great fun @ GBR.

 
At 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hia Cutie, so are you still anonymous after GBR

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

I don't know. Only one person asked me if I was MBA Cutie and I answered honestly...

 
At 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cutiee, this is me "anonymous" from above....
I did not run into you at the GBR (blame a delayed flight, Studio 4 and Scorekeepers) but I *believe* that I had co-related your blog to your name a month back from your post on the Ross admitted boards....

hope to see you sometime, but met a couple other cuties at GBR....the cutie quotient at Ross seems to be quite high

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

Anonymous -

It is high! I'm so happy! It's nice to go to school with other cuties! :)

I'll see ya around!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home