MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The end of the $10 drink

One thing I will not miss when I leave NYC is paying $10 for your basic, run of the mill vodka -soda. I geniunely look forward to the deflated alcohol prices in Ann Arbor. My girlfriend is visiting from California and we went out in the city last night. Now, I'm at work, struggling to get through today. A few quick highlights and conversation snipets from last night:

* Getting free pizza. I negotiated with the pizza guy who was trying to flirt: he guesses my ethnicity right... we pay double for the pizza... he doesn't, pizza's free. He guessed Egyptian (go figure).
* "Sex Bruises"
* "My friend has a great job and a BMW, but he's not the best looking guy. Why does he never have a shot with girls like you?"
* "Can you imagine waking up each morning and have listen to that chick's voice???"
* Dip Cafe is 23 and up! Why?
* "God, they are not only fake, they are badly done fakes."
* "You want to go to Alphabet City? Dude, that's sooo far!"
* I blew off some guy that got me a drink (hey, $10 less out of MY pocket!) only to find out a few minutes later that he is a director at the W Hotel in Time Square. Whoops.. there goes that hookup.

What a night!

9 Comments:

At 12:56 PM , Blogger Marina said...

ouch @ sex bruises

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger i_will_make_it said...

sex bruises?!?! ...on the guy or the girl? ;-)

 
At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who grew up and around AA don't forget to try out the Little Brown Jug for cheap beer and pizza as well as Cafe Zola for a great breakfast (the strawberry and banana waffle is great) and forkiller coffee..

 
At 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Dip Cafe (especially the chocolate fondue). I think the 23& up is to make the place less college friendly.

 
At 2:47 PM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

C'est-
It seems as though i've already been out-ed... however, i just want to say that I followed rules of blog ettiquette and did not out anonymous commenters. I think it's pretty screwed up that anonymous commenters choose to out me. Why would someone do something like that? Maybe this MBA Cutie is more naive than she should be.

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger BigAppleNosh said...

I guess if one were to pick any kind of way to get bruises, then sex bruises would be the way to go. ;o)

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

When i started blogging initially, a couple months ago, I had linked myspace to the blog. I guess some people found the link that way.

 
At 4:07 PM , Blogger MJ said...

no. i doubt it was through your blog. the link was put up somewhere else by some a**hole. i won't say where, so the few people who haven't seen it don't go hunting for it.

 
At 5:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the California girlfriend that got to accompany this cutie out that night! Had a blast...and thanks so much MBA cutie for mentioning the sex bruises- at least band-aids were involved for concealing purposes :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home