MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Trials

In Frances Hodgson Burnett's novel, A Little Princess, Sara Crewe infers that it is difficult to identify the true character of someone until they go through hardships, or "trials". She said that she will never be able to tell what sort of person Lavinia is because she never has "trials". Poor Sara experienced some terrible trials in her short lifetime, and she did come out of them maintaining the composure and integrity of a princess.

I can't help but think of the trials I went through this year, and whether or not I was able to act with the same integrity of Sara Crewe.

*Idiopathic Illness
*Loss of a dear friend
*Permanent cross country move away from family
*Confusion regarding job, interests, and lot in life

I can't say I always have, but I do think the trials have made me stronger. I think that these trials have helped me to further introspect and really grab hold of who I am and what I aspire to be. Life experiences create depth, feeling and personality. As difficult as trials are, I'm happy to know, my character does possess a resilient strength that I can rely on in the the future.

Good luck to all those awaiting an interview decision from Chicago! And best of luck to all those waiting for tomorrow's decisions from Wharton! (You're in good company.)

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM , Blogger BigAppleNosh said...

Hi, just stopping on by. =o) I'm still waiting on Wharton as well, so good luck to the both of us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home