MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Side Effects

1) Pain -- soo much pain, esp in my right chest at the incision points.. The Percoset is helping, but the doctor didn't write the prescription clearly so the pharmacy will only give me one dose a day.

2) General Anesthesia -- nausea and LOTS of it. I didn't eat anything for two days, but because of the IV, all the rough medicines, including potassium pills and a drip, that they made me ingest, it all did such a number on my tummy. General Anesthesia also stops bladder function, so I literally had to relearn how to go to the bathroom.

3) Bloating -- I ate nothing for a day and a half but because of all the fluids pumped into me, the swelling, and my inability to use the bathroom easily, I am puffy and gained 4 pounds in one day. Supposedly, it's supposed to go away.

4) Just gross -- not allowed to take a shower for two days and oozing at the incisions points.

I want to feel better soon! I am supposed to walk around and breathe deeply, but it is SO PAINFUL. Ok, most updates later.

5 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Blogger sorebrek said...

Hey, hang in there. In a week you'll be ready to throw back a eye-popping number of Absolut and sodas. Look at the positive side - you're popping pills that space you out and you're guilt free ;-) Get well soon.

 
At 2:13 AM , Blogger FooBarMe said...

Get Well Soon....

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger Paa"ji" said...

sorebrek's given you some food for thought...sounds interesting GET WELL SOON :-)

 
At 5:16 AM , Blogger Unratiosenatic said...

Get better soon :) Good luck!

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cutie,

Get well soon !!!. All the best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home