MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Favorites

This is a very odd observation, and I didn't realize until the docent at the Cooper-Hewitt Museum pointed it out to our tour group on Monday. She asked us to pick our favorite dress from the collection (I had two -- a gorgeous Armani Ribbon strapless dress with a full skirt; and an army print slinky one shoulder Dior floor length dress). She then said, almost undoubtably, women tend to pick the dress that would look or has the potential to look the best on them. She was right, I would have loved to have donned either dress, but practically speaking both Armani and Dior dresses are comfortably out of my price range. I wonder if this applies to other things as well. When it comes to my favorite or who I think are the most beautiful celebs, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Salma Hayek… they are olive complected with dark flowing hair and curvier body types… just like me! Oddly enough, I am great at attracting and dating men that find Salma Hayek to be incredibly attractive. One of my girlfriends loves Angelina Jolie, and although she doesn't quite look like her, she does embody quite a few characteristics of her persona, and they do have a similar facial shape.

So is it true? Are our favorite things usually things that we relate to most closely?

3 Comments:

At 3:44 PM , Blogger ... said...

I totally think Catherine Zeta Jones would look great on me. :-)

 
At 4:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm... I've actually noticed that when I'm looking through In Style or watching the Oscars, the dresses I like the most tend to be the ones that won't work on my body type (the ones that require you to be long and lean and will never work on a girl w/ curves)... maybe for some people, it's what they can't have?

 
At 6:56 PM , Blogger Marina said...

I LOVE Selma Hayek...maybe its the curves as well, since I am totally pasty :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home