MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Long Wait

My dad cracks me up. He is flying into La Guardia and is supposed to figure out how to take the bus from there to Penn Station, where he will catch NJ Transit, to come to New Brunswick, to meet me. He's staying with me until the 14th because my surgery is tomorrow, and then he will hang out while I recover to make sure I'm OK, etc. He is also not used to the concept of having a cell phone. He has one, but he never answers it. Half the time he forgets it somewhere, or doesn't even turn it on. He was supposed to call me when he landed in La Guardia. I checked online, his plane landed over half an hour ago, but no call. So I call him. No answer. So I text message him.

Now you have to know the store of the "text message" with my dad. Once I texted him "hello", just for the hell of it. He calls me back frantic, wondering what was wrong because he sees my name appear on his phone, but he was unable to answer it. So it was no surprise to me that after my long wait wondering if my dad would call from the airport, that when I text message him "Dad, r u here yet?" the response was his phone texting me back "Dad, r u here yet?" In some ways, it was actually kind of sweet. At least I know he tried.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM , Blogger i_will_make_it said...

lol. I don't think my parents could ever text message anything, so your dad is the man! :-)

When my mom learned to e-mail, she described it as "you click on that picture" to open up the mailbox. Then she went crazy and found chain letters "entertaining and fun." Now I get more spam from my mom than from the advertisers themselves!

 
At 9:24 PM , Blogger FooBarMe said...

Good Luck with your surgery!!

 
At 1:22 AM , Blogger Marina said...

haha that is so cute! My grandma has a post it in her purse with instructions on which buttons to push in order to check her VM. It is so cute. I think we talked about this at dinner actually...

Good luck with the surgery! Get well soon.

oh - I am actually not house hunting. I am staying with the 'rents till July =/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home