MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Withdrawl

I’m definitely withdrawing from the normal day – to – day activities that used to keep my life so busy. Or maybe I’m just losing interest in them. Now that I know I’m going to school, and I know where I’m going. I have an apartment leased. I have a good idea what my life in Ann Arbor will be like. I feel like I’m in this excruciating waiting game. It’s not yet quite time to quit my job, but tasks that used to just be annoyances now make me want to pull my hair out. I have no motivation to learn anything new. Basically, I’m really just there to get paid and get free cosmetics for the next few months. On the weekends, I go through boxes of belongings, I try to meet up with friends I may not see again for a long time, I try to schedule time with any love interests that pop up… but all of it feels so mechanical. It’s hard to keep going when you know that a certain part of your life is really over --- done --- finito! All I can think about is what the next part of my life will be like. I hate having to keep living in the old part.

2 Comments:

At 2:20 PM , Blogger brownoski said...

welcome to the lame duck phase

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger PK said...

Look at the positives - there's no pressure, hence no downside to slacking off or screwing up (unless you're a Type A personality) - your basically showing up and getting paid ! I am so looking forward to this period - assuming I get into BSchool :)

BTW: love your blog; dont get too busy at Ross and stop posting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home