MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

False Accusations

I have finally been through it and know what the worst thing a girlfriend can do to you is... and it's not hooking up with your boyfriend, or telling everyone at school about your secret single behavior, or even telling you that you've gained a few pounds (and I've lived through all those too -- different girls, of course). It's accusing you of something you did not do, and not even caring enough about you as a person to talk to you about it. I feel pretty abused. It is as if my thoughts, true actions, or feelings are so invaluable that they are not even worth acknowledgement because whatever the other person is thinking or assuming just must be correct.

I have come to a few conclusions (wow, I feel like Bridget Jones!):

(1) Girls can be extremely manipulative (myself included) and it is very important to learn to watch for manipulative behavior and not succumb to it.

(2) No more people in my life -- guys or girls -- that need constant worship.

(3) The minute I start feeling bad or abused in ANY sort of relationship I'm in, I need to be strong enough to take a step back and not just try to convince myself that things will smooth over. If I get the feeling something is wrong, it probably is.

(4) Real friends talk to you when something is wrong. Real friends don't boss you around, talk down to you, make you feel bad because they are transfering guilt to you, or give you pointed instructions on what you can or cannot do. If and when these things happen, I need to step back and re-evaluate the friendship.

(5) When someone says unfounded, cruel, and hateful things to you in an absolute, self-serving manner, no matter how good a friend you think they are, you don't need them in your life. Every once in a while, we have to do our "spring - cleaning", and as hard as it is to let go of that favorite yellow pastel cardigan, there would be no room for all the beautiful sundresses that are soon to fill your closet if you kept it.

I will not think or talk of this incident again. It's over, and I am letting go and moving on. In my 24 years of existence, I have realized that something is very true: when bad things happen, you have to hang on tight, and have faith... they will eventually pass... and you will be O.K.

4 Comments:

At 7:48 PM , Blogger i_will_make_it said...

Yes, life will go on, and you will go on with it. You'll gain friends along the way, you'll lose some. There will be comrades; there will be foes. Of course, it's sad when you lose them, but this only makes us stronger individuals.

Yes, many times you need to step back and view the situation from both sides. Keep an open-mind to what may or may not be true. Gut instincts can tell a lot. I'm sorry this girl didn't face the situation. Did you try speaking to her about your feelings?

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Treat yourself to a cathartic massage or shopping spree - and join the rest of the waiting world out there.

Take care!

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

I will make it -

She told me she doesnt' ever want to hear from me again. I only wish I had actually done what she accused me of because then at least it would be warranted.

I am feeling better today. I just can't let myself think about this or be sad anymore.

Thanks tho!!! I appreciate your kind words.

 
At 4:26 AM , Blogger Ash said...

Amen! Out of curiosity, who is your favorite character from sex and the city?

 
At 2:31 AM , Blogger Ash said...

well..SATC is something that I got snagged into when I infiltrated the "girls night" (mind you im a bloke)..it was quite amusing...
now I like sam because she is bold (a bit over the top)...if a bloke sleeps with 10 chics--he is called a player....if a chic does that..she is called a slut! hence i love sam..cos she breaks that steroetype (and in style)
i like miranda a for her determination to see her career through (but i agree..a bit too type A for me)...
carrie is annoying as hell...she is what a gf should not be..a mat over whom one can walk over
charlotte...umm...if i was dating someone like that....it would be the shortest relationship i would ever have..she wants to get married for all the wrong reasons..
so id go for a toss us between sam and miranda...
the reason ...why i asked this question ofcourse is..cos it helps me know a person...
cheers
ash
PS: the next one i always ask at a bar is..
if you could keep one thing and change onething (physical or personality) about urself..what would it be? (i ask these ones cos I never got into the tagging game)
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home