MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

DUFF



Golden Pavilion in Kyoto.


I was driving to work this morning wondering WHY it seems like everyone on BW message boards have heard from Kellogg except me! They haven't even had the decency to send a "don't worry, we're still considering you" message. I went to the Kellogg Coffee Chat on Monday night and met with a current first year student. It was really interesting, especially to learn more about her experiences socially with the Kellogg Community. She is such a lovely girl, and she's planning on going to Japan with her fellow MBA's, so I just had to fill her in on all the great lingerie out there! I'm not kidding! I bought the CUTEST bra and panty sets when I was there, and so, so cheap!


But anyway, while I was driving to work, I was listening to some radio morning shows. Today's topic was that good looking girls like to go out with less attractive friends because they would be able to attract more guys attention than if they went out with their friends that were better looking than them. Some girls even called in and said that they have a DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) that they regularly call up when it is time to go out. Wow. I have just always had the opposite mentality (but maybe I'm just lucky to have great looking friends and be a good looking girl myself), but I sometimes try to not go out with people I find considerably less attractive than myself. This is not because I don't want them to come or I dislike them, but more that I am over the whole college need to spend 3 hours after each night out trying to figure out why some of us met guys and why some didn't. The harsh reality of the nightlife scene, in most major cities, is that it is survival of the hottest. The most outgoing and good looking girls usually find the most guys (I'm not saying that they are quality or anything comes of it, but for that moment, the hottest will be center of attention.). And I just don’t want to have my good time ruined when I'm really going out on the town because I feel guilty or bad that my friend isn't really having a good time or is insecure because she has repeatedly had bad experiences. It’s an intimidating scene out there…

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM , Blogger Marina said...

When I show my party pics to friends they always ask if I have any non-good looking friends. I htink it is pretty funny. What I love the most is that my group of girls is VERY diverse as far as looks and even style so each of us hardly get approached by the same kind of guy. This cuts the competition. I cannot wait until NYC clubs though :)

 
At 9:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear MBA Cutie, your constant obsession with your own looks is an obvious sign of your own insecurity. Only insecure people feel the need to mention or discuss how good looking they are. In fact, you talk about your looks in just about every post. You seem superficial and ditsy. Face it. You are not Samantha. You are not Charlotte. You are not Miranda. And you are certainly not Carrie Bradshaw.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home