MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Monday, December 12, 2005

It's MY BLOG

*To Anonymous #2... I don't think your comment was really all that bad. My entry today is much more directed to Anonymous #1. And to answer your question, I'm South Indian.

I never realized it was necessary to do research in order to post something on my own blog. I mean, it's MY BLOG, and no one is forced to read it. My entry about the "nor-easter" was really meant to be more humorous than anything else. And everything I posted in there was true based on what other native tri-staters have told me. Maybe, instead of telling a native Californian that she needs to better research the origins of a Nor-Easter, you should tell your fellow north east natives to find out what their own colloquialisms really mean. Or just find some humor in the musings of someone not from the area experiencing culture shock. I am well aware that the state of emergency is related to the road conditions during a storm. What I was told (by native New Jersey-ans) is that true nor-easters really do originate from some where cold, usually Canada, and then they bring the cold air and snow to our area. If this is such a sensitive issue for so many people, then post a correction about it on your blog instead of leaving anonymous rude comments on mine. I thought it was clear that my entry was meant to be humorous, not particularly academic, but then again, I often forget how "stick up the you-know-what" so many people on the east coast seem to be compared to the people where I'm from.

All I can really say is this is my blog, and I do not think my posting was abrasive, and it was meant to be humorous. And, more importantly, I'm not forcing anyone to read my blog, so do so only if you want to. And if you want to leave rude anonymous rude commentary, then fine. That's your prerogative. I'm not embarrassed of what I wrote, so I don’t really see the point in removing my entry or the commentary that followed.

Good luck to everyone expecting decisions from Kellogg this week! I'm praying for you all! (And me too!!!)

11 Comments:

At 4:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how "broad" minded of you.

I read the two comments and while the first was really rude the second was more informative. Why bash someone in such an immature way for giving you the FYI in a polite way?

 
At 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason you got those comments is b/c you come off in your blog entry about the not'easter like you are giving a defnition ('for all of you who don't know, this is what it is)...well you got the definition WRONG and now other readers who didn't know what it was will also be wrong b/c of you....you see research is important, even if it is your own blog. you don't want people saying your a bumbling idiot who doesn't know what the heck they are talking about...r u a member of bush's cabinet to come up with such mis-information and defend it. oh, yeah, whoops i guess we were wrong about al qaeda and iraq and the prisoner who told us about the terrorist connection was all wrong, he should have know better and done his research.

 
At 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I think this is all a bit ridiculous. I wholeheartedly agree with you - it's your blog and if you want to say that the sky is green, go for it. Is it the many impending R1 decisions that are causing people to get so worked up about the weather? jeez!

Anyway, I think you sound like an awesome, funny, intelligent girl and I love reading your blog. I too am waiting on Kellogg and I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! ;)

 
At 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, it's unfortunate the way one or two jackasses can hijack a blog with their bad attitude. You might consider banning anonymous comments. Sure, people can just make-up names and URLs, but at least you're making them work some. :)

 
At 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally agree with you..ur blog, write what you want in it. i found both original comments rude..the first for the language, the second..how does it matter if u are Indian, English or even from outer space :)
If that question was not related to his/her comment, why pose that question?

 
At 11:55 PM , Blogger FMGirl said...

It's your blog. Write what you want to. Ignore comments that piss you off. You will never make everyone happy. Write for you. If people don't like it they'll stop reading. No skin off your nose...

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger sorebrek said...

Oh the horror, MBA Cutie! How could you find humor in weather phenomena?! As atonement, you will need to major in weather-casting at b-school and sacrifice your south indian first born. (p.s. I'm south indian and am single-handedly reason enough why south indians should be pogromed :-)).

Jeez, lighten up folks and get drunk already, will you?

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Marina said...

Oh the drama! I think it is pretty pathetic for people to anonymously make rude comments in other people's blogs. I have never heard of this weather phenomenon and I your post cracked me up.

Best of luck with Kellogg!!!

p.s. one of my dates had to reschedule because he got sick :(

 
At 12:38 AM , Blogger sorebrek said...

YOUR school list is surprisingly similar to mine. See I have first dibs at these schools - my blog is the oldest out there :-)

Fremont, eh? Absolutely - you'll find me chasing *masaala dosas* with Patron.

 
At 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Main > Science > ShortStuff

What is a Nor'easter?


Shop for What Is A Nor'easter?

Nor'easters can occur in the eastern United States any time between October and April, when moisture and cold air are plentiful. They are known for dumping heavy amounts of rain and snow, producing hurricane-force winds, and creating high surfs that cause severe beach erosion and coastal flooding. A Nor'easter is named for the winds that blow in from the northeast and drive the storm up the east coast along the Gulf Stream, a band of warm water that lies off the Atlantic coast.

The storm does not come from CANADA. Comes from the Gulf/South...read Atlantic.

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Single said...

dude, if a nor'easter comes from the south, then the name makes even less sense. I really don't get the east coast.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home