MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Monday, October 02, 2006

TO-GA, TO-GA!

That's right! This MBA Cutie went to her first toga party this weekend, courtesy of the Hill House. I had never been to one before, so the whole evening was quite an adventure. Knowing that there is only one majorly good fabric store in Ann Arbor, I rushed out with Microfinance Girl on Wednesday to purchase a toga in my chosen color... Lavendar! And I found exactly what I wanted. Luckily enough, the sales girl happened to be an "antique costumer", so she showed us the best way to wrap togas (so simple, but totally authentic looking!), and we were on our way.

I wasn't exactly sure how to accessorize, so I consulted my fashionista friend. She said lots and lots of gold jewellery! Thankfully, I have plenty of the fake stuff, since I had just bought a few sets while I was in India. And a necklace became my new crown. I curled my hair and tried to look as "grecian" as possible. I even changed my eye color to green.

First, we had a section 4 preparty at one of our section mates houses. Another girl in my section was celebrating her birthday, so we had a cake, sang, and got excited. When I came to pick up my roomate, Arwen, she was all decked out and looking absolutely fabulous. The line to dance with her on Friday night was long, and competitive! Lots of belated birthday tidings came her way as well. More than a few people noticed her popularity, but then again, I expected nothing less from the most fabulous looking girl there! The party wasn't very crowded, which was great, because there was plenty of room to dance without bumping into anyone. My guy didn't end up coming (yes... details in a later post... I promise!), but I still had a good time and people seemed to like my toga and accessorizing efforts. It was a fun night, but one that ended a little earlier than I expected... I got a late night call and had to get home... but Arwen managed to stay a lot longer than me. And I know she had a fabulous time.

And yes, today is my birthday! Congratulate MBA Cutie as she welcomes in her 25th year!

5 Comments:

At 12:34 PM , Blogger Foxy Lady said...

Happy Birthday Cutie. It will be hard to top what you did for my birthday. But I do have a cake, a crown and candles for you. Hopefully I will catch you right after class. Have a great day followed by a great year.

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Hobbes said...

Hey MC! Happy Budday! :D Hope u have a fab yr ahead! :)

 
At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

a while ago you posted a recommendation for a salon in NYC for a brazilian bikini wax. i can't seem to find that post - could you tell me the name of the place?

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

Sure! It's called the "J Sisters". www.jsisters.com

 
At 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MBA Cutie, keep up the fun! But remember life is what you maket it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home