MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Days of Rest

Two days without the consumption of alcohol. Quite a feat, considering I am in Ann Arbor and it was a "game" weekend. But these two days have been oh-so needed. I feel more rested and normal. AND, I've actually managed to start organizing my life a little bit.

A bunch of people I know took off for Chicago this weekend for the NETIP conference. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Last year, I spent labor day weekend in Atlanta with my then-best friend... the NETIP conference happened to be going on there, but we weren't registered. We still managed to have a fabulous time, and we promised to go to Chicago this year together. Needless to say, that didn't happen. Although, I'm actually happy it didn't. The past few months with out her has really opened my eyes. While there are times I still miss her and wish I could call her or talk to her, this whole experience has taught me a few things:

1) Never underestimate the power that a "guy" can have on your girlfriends.
2) Friendships run cycles in life and it's an unrealistic expectation to think that every single one will last forever.
3) I really can never call someone again (total cold turkey) if I have the will power.
4) When things aren't going well, it's good to remove yourself from things that you think are making your life more miserable than it needs to be.
5) Most of the time, people don't air their ideas because they want advice... they air them because they want validation or just an opportunity to think them through. Give and receive advice sparingly, and any advice you give should be incredibly neutral.

I'm still pondering over whether or not to run for a section office. It may be fun to be more involved with the school, but I never was the type to run for these types of things in high school (or in college) for that matter. I am also a little worried about the amount of time it will take up. I have to decide quickly, elections, and nominations, are tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home