MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Social Extravaganza

I have been lax with posting... a few quick updates since the last time I wrote:

- I DID run for office, but didn't have to worry about the voting... because only one other person ran for the same position as me and we were both elected. So now I'm one of the official Cultural and Diversity Initiatives Committee Rep for Section 4.

Ok, if I even TRIED to get started on the social menagerie that has become my life outside of classes for the past few days, I don't think can in any way really shed light on what it feels like to really be an MBA 1 at Ross. I'm surprised we're not all outfitted with IV lines during orientation. Seems like a much faster way to take in beer! That too.. the number of kegs is insane. I was talking to my friend in California during the week but had to tell him "Sorry, I have to go... I'm on my way to a keg-kill." It was 4:30 in the afternoon. Yes, I know.

Shout Off and MBA Games were a blast, for more details, check out my other blog. I did come out ... I let a fellow classmate give me an "MBA Cutie" tattoo in permanent marker on my left tricep. Hey, anything for the section, right? I even have the full support of the section to launch www.mbacuties.com (note the plural)... not exactly sure what the content would be... but I'm sure you all can use your imagination.

Another thing I have realized, there are numerous people at Ross that I find I cannot have a normal conversation with when I'm sober, but the minute I'm drinking, they are the easiest people in the world to talk to. Sometimes I feel like going up to them and saying, "I swear, I'm really not a dumba$$. It's just that I have nothing to say to you when I'm sober."

Well... I'm off to yet another drinking/ socializing/ "networking" event. More to come....

4 Comments:

At 6:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like the main focus of your MBA so far has been drinking! I'm not saying that in a disparaging tone, but in a rather disappointed tone. Seriously, what do students with families do? Does 'networking' have to be taken to such ridiculous levels of revelry night after night? If this is what the MBA is all about, it's disappointing.

-Prospective MBA '09 applicant (married with kids)

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

Anonymous -

this is my personal blog... to find out more about the academic aspects and career programs at Ross, please see my other blog... www.rossexperience.blogspot.com

just note that this blog is specifically geared towards personal stories and social events. My experiences with the Ross program that are not socially related will be decribed on my other blog. There are PLENTY of married applicants with kids and no, not everyone goes out to all these events every night. School only started on week ago, and we are working very, very hard.

Thanks,
MBA Cutie

 
At 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't realize you had a different blog. Wil check it out. And I'm glad to hear that us students with family don't have to party every night to (possibly) schmooze into the job we want!

 
At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the comment I tried to put on your other site - but it doesn't seem to allow anon comments, and I don't have a blogger acct. so will post here.
--------------------------------------
Anonymous commenter from your other blog - thanks for pointing this blog out, this one seems to have the kind of info I'm looking to find out about.

BTW, I did my undergrad at UofM, and loved AA! Hope you have a good time. We lived (off campus) right off E Stadium Blvd, and home game Saturdays are an experience I will treasure forever. Dominicks and Sangria as well :) Good luck with your MBA. I will check in on this site from time to time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home