MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

One more week to go...

How is it that my blogging has fallen to the wayside? People really aren't joking when they say that b-school is ridiculously busy. I've stopped calling my friends back. I've stopped talking to my family every day. All interactions I have with the real world are through my laptop, which has become my new lifeline. I don't know what it would do if it disappeared, or even worse, one day, just didn't turn on.

A few interesting events have managed to take place during my blogger absentee-ism days...

The first snow of the season fell today. It didn't stick, but it was cold, and it was pretty, and it only lasted about 5 minutes. But I guess that's it. The snow has started, the winter is coming, and how is MBA Cutie going to stay warm?

A new column, Ross Goss, has started up in our school newspaper, The Monroe Street Journal. I have to say I have mixed feelings about it. I thought it was ridiculously funny even though there was a slight jab at me (I think) in it, but I am so annoyed that so many people are coming up to me and asking me if I write it. First of all, I'm a little disappointed I wasn't approached to write it. I mean, obviously I know how to utilize a "gossipy" tone of voice and like to go out. But then, maybe that's exactly why they didn't ask me to do it. Because everyone would figure out that MBA Cutie is writing over-time. Anyway, I wouldnt' be able to keep all the good fodder in my blog if I had to get involved with that. So a disappointed and rejected MBA Cutie says the column is good, but maybe the person(s) that writes it can bring me in as a consultant from time to time? :) I mean, of course, ONLY if I'm value added.

My experience at GBR decided to follow me this weekend... right to the B-School bus after the Michigan State game. It was ... surprising... as I didn't expect to ever see (or have to see?) this person again. For a short amount of time, it was very possible that three people that know me a little better than most were all in a 500 sq ft vicinity. Scary! I was a little disappointed that the surprise visitor didn't inform me that they were coming, but then again, I guess I have no right to be disappointed. I don't exactly keep them abreast of all my developments either.

And ... what you have all been waiting to know... yes, MBA Cutie has agreed to couple up. She met another MBA Cutie of the opposite sex, and then eventually gave in, to letting him call her his girlfriend. Oh wait, I think she calls him her boyfriend, too. But don't worry loyal readers, there will still be plenty of fun and antics in the next two years... whether MBA Cutie is coupled up or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home