MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Chocolate at the Pen

I'm going to have Chocolate at the Pen tomorrow night! It's been ages since I've been to Chicago. And I have to miss the homecoming game to make it out there, but I'm not exactly sure when else I'll have the chance to have an all chocolate dinner and then enjoy cocktails on the rooftop of the W Lakeshore Chicago.

Much has happened since my last update. We survived finals, and I even managed to make it out to Leopolds the night before my Strategy final. I didn't stay long, but all the studying and lack of movement really got to me, and I knew that I had to get out or I'd scream and self-destruct. The second wine event took place on October 13th (Friday the 13th!!!), and it was so much fun. I think I drank a little more wine than I really needed to. Maybe these are the times that it's nice to have a boyfriend who wants to make sure you get home safely, even if he catches you talking to people that it's probably better for you to stay away from now that you are attached... Needless to say I didn't stay long at Oz with the others in my class, to dance off the wine. A good night's sleep and two asprin in the morning just seemed so much more enticing.

We celebrated the end of finals with a fabulous Halloween party. I was a goregeous Cleopatra, and I made my entire outfit myself. I was so proud! NOW, onto my gripes about halloween costumes. Do costume makers realize that women are different heights? Something that's designed to be hoochie on someone that is 5'2'' will make someone like me look like total trash if I chose to wear it out! I tried on outfit after outfit after outfit at Halloween USA and not ONE of them was long enough to cover my behind in any sort of reasonable fashion. Not any of the CUTE ones anyway. Finally, I decided to throw in the towel, headed over to Jo-Ann Fabrics and bought some cream linen to put together my own Cleopatra outfit. Which I think everyone loved. Well, it doesn't matter because at least I loved it.

My boyfriend's birthday was last Sunday, but since I headed home to Fremont, I didn't get to spend the day with him. I made it up to him when he came out here for West Coast Forum. We went out three nights in a row: Nola's on Tuesday, Santana Row on Wednesday, and then out in the Marina in SF on Thursday. I think he had a good time. I had a good time having him around. I'm looking forward to heading back to Ann Arbor tonight. I'm actually starting to miss the place. (Crazy, huh?) But I will really miss the weather out here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home