MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Is this true?!!

Freshly off the Lehman event yesterday... I think I have an interest in banking. I've been trying to talk to people I know in the field.

My friend worked at Jefferies as an analyst for 2 years and then quit. Supposedly,

(1) I'll hate the lifestyle
(2) It makes girls ugly --- literally... he said he worked with some cute girls but after two years they gained 30 pounds and were no longer cute.
(3) I'll be single for the rest of my life
(4) As an analyst, you can escape, as an associate, you're there forever
(5) They only give you good bonuses the first and second years... after that they give you almost nothing or they fire you?

IS THIS TRUE?

I mean, of course I'll hate the lifestyle, who likes working till 2am on almost no sleep -- but isn't the work challenging and interesting? And I will just not eat. I will make sure that I order only salad and be very restrictive and make myself go to the gym every day even if it's at 2am to make sure I won't gain 30 pounds. And what if I meet a boyfrined in b-school? then I dont' have to worry about being single. You can leave as an associate and go into PE or something. I thought bonuses were standard and everyone gets them. RIGHT?

2 Comments:

At 11:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should read Monkey Business, if you have not already done so.

 
At 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I saw Bridget Jones' Diary last night (again!), and your entry reminds me a lot of the character.I'd say use your summer internship to figure out if you want to be in it. From my Ibanking "male friend", its especially easy for women ( plus you get brownie points for being non/white) to get into Ibanking. Now this is just hearsay, I dont mean to offend anyone with my above comment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home