MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Sri Lanka for designer duds...

Hey! I am so much better. Most of the pain is gone... I am going to be OK once I'm diagnosed! :)

So this weekend, I met a girl that married a guy from Sri Lanka. She told me that during her last trip, she was able to buy so many designer clothes for ridiculously dirt cheap. How? Well Ralph Lauren, along with other designers, have their clothes manufactured in Sri Lanka. Sometimes, the workers in these factors will purposely rip a label or cause a deliberate defect to some of the clothing. These defected clothes are then sold in local markets at extreme discount. For example, she said she bought a Ralph Lauren white courdoroy mini skirt for just $1.00, when normal retail price of the same skirt in the US would have been $58 or $78. The label is obviously ripped. Hmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home