MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Beauty, Brains, and One-Night Stands

Being simultaneously pretty and smart can be a curse. My experience as I get older and older, is that I have to pick which asset I want to use. It's almost like the two together are equate to such a powerful weapon that one cannot safely control their power. I spent many of my high school and college years pretending to be bored in class (or actually being bored in class!), and learned to not raise my hand unless I had to. No one likes a smart alec, know-it-all. I thought when I would get older, it wouldn't matter. Then this crazy thing happened... almost overnight I became cute and foxy... and then being smart and pretty? I've joined a whole new ball game.
The New Rules:
(1) Beauty is inversely related to Intelligence.
(2) Beautiful people with intelligence have to prove themselves over and over.
(3) No matter how hard you try, if you are a beautiful smart girl, some percent of the population will always see you as nothing but pretty.
(4) What men want and what men say are two totally different things: So when a guy says he wants a smart girl.. he most likely means he wants a smart girl that will still let him shine and think he's smarter than her.

Miranda on SATC was so right... an unemployed good looking guy in Manhattan is a catch, but a successful, well - educated, beautiful girl must have something wrong with her. Time to leave Manhattan!

Well considering I'm on this topic, I came across something incredibly funny on the BW message boards and decided to share. "Your relationship with the ad com is nothing but a one night stand. You bare your soul to them, and hope that they pick you. Sure everyone wants to live with them, but when they have to chose, the ones with the best figures usually get picked (730 vs. 680)." Good luck everyone! And keep up those figures!

5 Comments:

At 12:49 PM , Blogger Marina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger i_will_make_it said...

Interesting. I've never lived in New York, so I'm curious to how the NYC culture actually is.

But I always say:
Use beauty to snare the man. Entice him w/ your good looks and hot bod.
Then use brains to keep the man. Be witty to keep him guessing and keep him interested.

But yes outwitting the man may make him run for the door. Which man does not want to feel like he has the upper-hand in the relationship?

Likewise, which woman does not want to feel like she's the most special thing in the world? I know I get jealous when my bf goes on about another girl's beauty. :-P

 
At 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you have both (beauty and brains).. nothing worse than a sexy woman with the personality of a stick.

I am fortunate: my wife is uber-hot and is a lawyer.

What I find interesting are those men who want a trophy wife. 98% of these men have SERIOUS insecurity issues; you know... little wee-wee syndrome.

why else would a man want a hot, dumb woman for a wife? Oh, I know, so he can "look" smarter that he is..

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Marina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a 27 y/o "professional" and smart. Like a rather popular TV show, I wouldn't mind you going to work to become my sugar mama!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home