MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Charity Functions and Hotel Management

Yes, I'm here blogging instead of working on my Wharton/Harvard essays. I am just so unmotivated for them since my top two dream schools were in my first round submissions. For all you Wharton R1's out there, I hear that Nov 17th is the day of the last interview invites, so good luck to all of you! I'll be biting my nails to nubbins some time in February, when I'm in your shoes.

So New York kinda sucked last night. It was mostly because I was so exhausted from the night before and my friend who had just returned from Orlando wasn't feeling well at all. Fed up with the monstrous crowd and screwed up attitudes outside Marquee, I left and went back to Grammercy, because MBA Cutie is one girl that refuses to wait in line (or be treated as anything less than royalty, even if there is no red carpet). The highlight, by far, was some stupid paparazzi taking my picture while I'm text messaging in front of the club. I'm like "Who are you?" and the idiot is like "Just one picture, ma'am. " Ok fine, whatever. You think I'm important enough to take a picture of, then fine. As they say, any publicity is better than no publicity. I have to admit, I haven't seen that kind of a paparazzi show since I left Los Angeles. Everything is pointing me back to lovely California. Even the paparazzi.

I feel bad because I was supposed to go to this Cornell Hospitality Management Mixer tonight in New York. Instead, I'm getting roped out to a Charity Function for the Indian Physicians Association of New Jersey... or something like that. I'm not even a doctor, and I wanted to learn about how to open a hotel in Ibiza. (Ok, so I'm obsessed with Ibiza!) But an Uncle that I haven't seen since I was maybe 10 years old has invited me to this other thing, so I guess I must go. If MBA school doesn't work out, at least I can always fall back on Medical School. I seem to know enough doctors.

3 Comments:

At 5:16 PM , Blogger i_will_make_it said...

And I'm here reading ppl's blogs instead of working on my essays. lol.

Don't feel bad. Perhaps you'll meet some very HOT doctors who are visiting from out of state (cali maybe) and will sweep you off your feet so when you get that admit to Stanford (knock on wood) you'll be good to go!

good luck, girl!

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Marina said...

Stay away from doctors, they are evil and weird - I should know...my entire family is in medicine.

I love NYC nightlife, that is the biggest downfall of SF living. There is no scene!

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger Paa"ji" said...

LOL everyone is doing something besides the B-School thing....so every one pls don't think that you are the odd one out.

cutie r u seriously considering the cornell MHM?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home