MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Monday, November 14, 2005

IPOD Nano!!!

For all those doubters out there of Medical Charity Balls... this chick actually won an IPOD nano!!!! That's right! At the Charity Ball. I can't refute the comments of gotten regarding the egocentric nature of Indian doctors. My experience has been the ego is often directly corrolated to the specialty. I'm not saying that I have sworn them off, but my tip to all those girls out there is to brush up on your medical knowledge, so you can debate with the best of them. We can cut those egos down! Anyway, this MBA cutie has quite an ego herself... let's see any indian doc try to compete with me for the most egotistical awards.

Interesting conversation with my friend about how now that we've grown up, we care less about our friends. It's kind of true, you get so wrapped up in your own life and your own things, it's really hard to focus on other people's lives and events. It's not that I care less. It's really more that my life has become so much more involved and I can barely keep my own stuff under control, much less remember what's going on in others lives.

Harry Potter is released in just 4 days! BUT I have to wait until Thanksgiving to see it. I am so happy to go home to Cali for Thanksgiving. Maybe I can take some time to check out Stanford GSB. I was so good today, I didn't check a single status page on any of my applications. Ok... to the gym, and then back to my essays!

3 Comments:

At 9:20 PM , Blogger i_will_make_it said...

no way! win one for me next time too! :-)

totally understand. it's not that we care less per se, but that we're forced to prioritize things differently in our lives - esp. when you settle down & have a family.

and people move on to new places, new jobs, & new interests so you just lose touch w/ each other... kinda sad, huh? but it's great when you can call up a friend after 10 yrs and still be able to gab w/ her like you saw each other yesterday. :-)

 
At 11:49 PM , Blogger qzoink said...

One of my highest priorities is to keep in touch with my best friends, even though we are all spread apart. Some of them reciprocate, some don't, but I keep at it!

Really? Docs have egos? They come across as super-humble to me and I always wonder why, given that they have the ability to fix the most complex machines in this galaxy!

 
At 3:10 AM , Blogger Paa"ji" said...

Friends will always be Friends...it is difficult to keep up with everyone all the time...complexities of the thing called LIFE..... but yes most of us do remember them in some deep corner inside

I last year met a classmate of mines after 18 years, of all the places in the tube at NYC....and it just seemed like we had just last met yesterday

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home