MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Work Efficiency

Ok, so those people out there that know me are well aware that I'm ready to hang up my badge and pick up my student ID as soon as possible. However, today... for what seems like the first time in ages, I really am enjoying my work. I got a lot done, and took on some new stuff... and my manager has been in the best mood!

We had this meeting today describing the results of the "employee voice" survey. I have to admit, the work habits of the French astound me. "We don't want to have definition regarding job roles because then employees will be unmotivated to go above and beyond their job roles." Um ok.. but what about developing a few standard operating procedures so we know what we're doing? Or even, a contact list? So I don't bother everyone in the department to figure out who I call because I've been locked out of the G/L system? I now have the opportunity to join the communications team and make an impact at our organization. This means more trips to the New York City Office. What fun.

I have decided that I will apply to HBS. After so much temptation to visit the BW Forum, I have resisted for the day. I actually came to my decision because I met a wonderful young lady who has a company that makes these fabulous purses! You must check her out at www.lauraleedesigns.com. And for all my friends in LA, she's in Fred Segal! And most importantly, she went to UCLA and was an Economics major, she worked in Consumer Products at Nike.. and now she has a real life company in the fashion world!

So my friend has gotten me totally hooked on Shopaholic! That serial was MADE for me! If only it really were possible to be a financial television consultant and a professional shopper. And even better, one for Barneys. Well maybe one day... after I start my cosmetics company, my niche skincare retail stores, and my boutique hotel in Ibiza.

4 Comments:

At 1:23 AM , Blogger i_will_make_it said...

Hey girl, have you ever thought about NYU-Stern? I was at an event yesterday and the Stern rep spoke about how one of the first-year projects is consulting for Barney's! :-) Shopping is every girl's safe haven... it always helps me destress when I have that new fabulous outfit to hit the town in.

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Marina said...

Have you read the Shoppaholic books? I was addicted to those a few years ago!

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Marina said...

See...I am a bit scared about living in LA. As it currently stands - I am nOT a fan of that city. I went to undergrad at UCSB and that was enough So Cal for my taste. What did you study at UCLA? I have a lot of friends that went there and worked at Deloitte with me after college.

 
At 2:55 AM , Blogger brownoski said...

"employee voice survey" sounds like you work at Corporate GAP? If so, you must be a cutie b/c my friend says everyone at corporate GAP is .. cute ..

http://brownoski.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home