MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Monday, December 11, 2006

If you wait long enough...

When it comes to celebrity couples, if you wait long enough, it seems that none of them manage to stay together. This weekend my girlfriend came to town and we (my boyfriend and I) took her out around Ann Arbor and had her participate in various activities taking place with b-school friends. One of these activities was CELEBRITY CHARADES, where we put numerous celebrity names into a bowl and then went through three rounds: (1) describe but cannot say the name, (2) act out, (3) one word description. It was actually a lot of fun! But it got me thinking... of most of the celebrity couples out there, how many of them have actually managed long term success as a couple? And, of those that seem to be doing well, how much longer will it last?

Just yesterday, as I continued on my new Fox Reality Network binge (and if you haven't checked out this channel, OMG! You HAVE to!!!!), I saw an announcement that Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn are now over too? I'm not sure if this is true, but there is speculation about everyone and everything! Not that it's not well deserved! Between the recent splits of Jennifer and Brad, Jennifer and Ben, Denise and Charlie, and Britney and Kevin (because absolutely no one saw that one coming), it makes me wonder if it's even worth it to continue to pay attention to any of it. My boyfriend freaks out, because as one of the few MBA 1 couples here at Ross, he sometimes feels the attention may push us to the celebrity level of public monitoring. However, I don't think there is need to be that vain. As far as I know, we are last semester's news. There is always enough drama out there to help divert attention. I hope so anyway!

Maybe some sort of hedging instrument can be created. One that will derive it's value from the length of a celebrity couple's relationship. Damn, I should have shorted my KFed stock last month. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home