MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bridget Jones

One of my commentors told me that my blog is a lot like Bridget Jones's Diary. It's nice to know that I have moved away from the "sex and the city" theme. I have been feeling a lot like Bridget lately, so I don't take any offense to the comment. If only I had a hottie like Colin Firth waiting for me on the other side of this blog! (Hey Colin, if you are out there, my email is mbacutie1@yahoo.com).

I stayed at the Omni Berkshire last night as a special treat to myself for getting through these exciting, yet sometimes painful, years in NYC. The hotel was GORGEOUS. The room was immaculate, and it was the most comfortable bed I had ever slept in. Plus, since I'm a select member, they upgraded me and brought orange juice and botteled water to my room first thing in the morning. Pretty amazing.

I had dinner with a friend, and then we headed over to the bar for my party. The rain really put a damper on things. A lot of people couldn't come, but there were a few surprises (AKA JP guy)! It folded pretty early and I went back to the hotel to watch movies and chill out. Not the best party and I'm really happy for the friends that came out in spite of the rain. I was, however, really disappointed in some people, who I really did hold as friends, but they haven't been supportive at all the past few weeks. It was a good way to do the tail end of spring cleaning.

I think I just got all the reminders I needed, however, of why I am so ready to leave New York and New Jersey. It may be a better place for me a few years down the road, after b-school, when I'm in a different place in my life. But, as of right now, I'm ready to say goodbye to New York, New Jersey, and everything else that came along with it.

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cutie,
Hey! I said the "entry" was like something Bridget Jones would write, not the "entire blog"! :)Come to think of it, your most recent comment about your mom wanting you to date non-indian guys, totally reminded me of SATC. Ok! just kidding.
BTW, speaking of Indian guys, I have to say they are weird. They look at me and its almost like they expect me to behave a certain way. I am tired of the pre-conceived notions. Recently I have found that, Middle Eastern men are definately dating material. Any thoughts?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home