MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

All Up in the Century Club (In Search of a Sugar Daddy, Part Deux)

The next episode takes us to none other than the infamous Century Club in Century City (Los Angeles). Well, it doesn’t take us straight there. Of course CW threw in a few twists and turns along the way.

As four underage girls in Los Angeles, there was little for us to legally do by way of a going out scene. Naturally, we took the CW to as many movies, malls, nice restaurants, and beach BBQ’s as we could. She was still not satisfied. I’m not going to say that my 19 year-old self had never been to a club or bar, but that summer I wasn’t really looking to go out of my way to get into one. Back then, I was pretty focused on school and my summer internship (at a well known entertainment company – very hard to come by!). We promised CW that some point during that summer we’d take her to Sunset for a night at Laugh Factory. She seemed more tolerant after that, “seemed” being the operative word.

Suddenly, CW had an intense interest in real estate. She claimed that her parents wanted to purchase a condo in LA, and because she was planning her career in architecture, they asked her to find one for them to buy. We thought it was a little odd that her parents trusted a 19 year old to make decisions like which $2 million to buy on mid-Wilshire, but then again, we were happy that CW had found something to do that occupied her time so she would stop begging us to take her to clubs or bars. Weirder things started happening. In the mornings, CW couldn’t wait for us to get out of the apartment to go to class or to work. She had new expensive clothes and accessories that she eagerly showed off to us. One afternoon, the roommate that lived in the same room as CW pulled me aside one afternoon to show me something interesting she found. Used condoms had started appearing in the trash cans in her bedroom. I definitely did not want to see that, but then we decided that it was up to CW what she chose to do with her time, just so long as she didn’t bother us or put us in danger. She had even stopped asking us to take her out, which was a relief. Then, out of the blue, CW offered to take us out to the Century Club.

One of the realtors she had been “working with”, wanted to take her and her friends to Century Club so that she can get a better idea of the nightlife in an area where she was considering purchasing a condo. This particular realtor is very well known in LA, so when she told us his name we were all incredibly impressed. However, when we saw him for the first time, outside of Century Club with a tight little red-head in tow, we were shocked: the only way to describe his appearance was grotesque. There was no amount of money or designer clothing that could make him any more aesthetically appealing. Clearly, the perky red-head was only with him for one reason: his bank roll. He was nice enough. After an up-down glance for each of us, he walked us right into the club – no lines, no guest lists, no cover, and most importantly, no ID checks. He had managed to give CW’s name to the bartender so all of our drinks that evening were comped as well. He ditched us the minute we got inside to go off into a corner with his girl, not that we minded. Overall it was a fun evening, and even CW was on her best behavior in spite of sporting her incredibly revealing red Bernini dress. The real surprise was awaiting us the next day.

I forgot my badge at home when I left for work in the morning, so I rushed back to the apartment to grab it. I opened the door to find the realtor sitting on our futon, watching our TV, in his boxers.* Well, looks like he certainly left the club with a couple things to poke on. I stoond there stunned. He said CW was in the bathroom and then smiled at me. I didn’t know what to do! I mumbled a quick hello, ran into my room, grabbed my badge, and rushed out of there before CW came out of the bathroom. That evening, CW said that the realtor had come by to pick her up for a housing tour, and she’s sorry she missed me that morning. I didn’t tell her I saw him in his underwear. And most thankfully, I never saw him again.

Oh – but the adventures with CW were far from over. Stay tuned for the details of our adventures with the persian boys, a night out on Sunset, and CW's imminent departure from Los Angeles.

*Quick note: Maybe a few years back, the Century Club was the happening place to be, but I can promise you, no girl in Los Angeles (under-aged or not) needs to sleep with anyone in order to get into a club. What’s more, since reaching 21, my time in LA and my line of work granted me the opportunity to attend many celebrity parties and events (including Brent Bolthouse events --- if you don’t know who he is, you need to find out before you head down to tinsel town), and never, ever, EVER did I need to exchange sexual favors to get into a party or club. And if I were going to, not that I ever would, you can sure bet it wouldn’t be to go to Century Club.

7 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cutie are you sure UCLA doesn't have a school of architecture ? See: http://www.aud.ucla.edu/

 
At 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done mbacutie..no doubt ur blog is one of the best...i like this look better cause u dont say ur simply gorgeous..i like modesty..dont get me wrong, i am not being mean...u have great blogs and you would be a great journalist!

 
At 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great story. Can't wait to read the sequel.

I guess i am one of those people that will tahnk you for switching back to your old layout, though i didn't mind highlighting your posts, so i would be able to read them ;-)!!!

See, it is your page so do what YOU want, nonetheless....BIG THANKS

Hope you re having a good day!!!

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

Anony 1 -

We do have a school of architecture and urban design. When I was there for school, people really emphasized the urban design portion of it. The Architecture school is no where along the lines of Cal's...

 
At 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is entertaining ... can't wait for part three.

 
At 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, this is very entertaining. Looking forward to your next post.

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger Foxy Lady said...

Hey Cutie. I am so dying to read the next part. Hopefully you will have a better room-mate at Ross.

Between stay put on blogspot .. don't let those anoying anonymous comments get you down. My motto - Never try to blend in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home