MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Double Date Weekend

Details on the double date weekend.

I was able to move the youngster to Saturday, so I met the Mich Alumn for Korean BBQ (a not so "scrumptous" place for a vegetarian) on Friday after work. It got off to a rocky start, as he was delayed at work, and I spent an hour perusing Barnes & Nobles, trying to occupy my time. We finally met, and I immediately noticed this bright, shiny gold band on his left ring finger. I tried to dismiss the warning signals in my head, but finally when he mentioned his wife, I freaked out and said, "you never mentioned that you were married." His response? "oh, I didn't think it would matter. You dont' mind do you? I don't always wear my ring." DO I MIND???? YES!!! OF COURSE I MIND. I have never finished dinner so fast. The second we stepped out of the restaurant, I instantly hailed a cab and made a run for it... saying goodby through the lowered window. I hope I never see that joker again! A definite date from hell.

Although, I was a bit skeptical of the thought of dating a youngster (22 year old, when I am 24), my readers were 100% right and I was so pleasantly surprised. Not only did we have a fabulous time discovering the delights of vegetarian sushi, and having fun drinking colorful cocktails, we also had a lovely evening bonding over our European travels, family histories, and silly computer stories from our youth. It was such a fun time, he is adorable, I was sad to see him go home when the date ended, but I hope he had as much fun as me, and we get to hang out again... soon.

5 Comments:

At 11:59 PM , Blogger Marina said...

classic! I still cannot bring myself to date younger guys. Hell - I cannot even date guys my own age! IMO the perfect guy for me is 4-7 years older then myself.

I am coming 4/5-4/16. Maybe we should get a bunch of NYC people together?

 
At 11:17 AM , Blogger MBA Jackass said...

wow - the married guy has a tremendous amount of chutzpah...i'm surprised you stayed for dinner :)

good news about the younger guy. i have been the younger guy before and have enjoyed it - as the late, great aaliyah once stated (unfortunately in reference to her disturbing relationship with r. kelly) "Age Ain't Nuthin' But a Number"

I'm down for an NYC get together in April - so far, I have no admit weekends to hit so my schedule is wide open.

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger MBA Cutie said...

In Detroit/ Ann Arbor the first weekend, but let's aim for the second one, since MBA J and Marina will be around. I vote for dinner at either Spice Market or Dos Caminos, and then out to the bars. :)

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger Marina said...

haha I just made a post about it! I will totally leave the location up to you!

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger BigAppleNosh said...

Whoa, sounds like an interesting evening! Glad to hear things went so well with the younger guy.

I'm totally down for a get together - I'd finally get to put some faces to these blogs! Mmmm Spice Market. =o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home