MBA Cutie...

Life on the road to Ross School of Business at U of M... GO BLUE!

Friday, June 02, 2006

Swindled

My landlord is crazy... I am a little worried about what to do. My last day in my current living situation is July 17th, and when I started renting the room, I gave the landlord a $825 security deposit to cover last month's rent. (It was $550/ month but security was 1.5 months). We're at the last month, but she wants me to pay her the entire month's rent, and she says we'll work out how I get the money back. NO WAY! She's had money problems and now I bet she spent my security deposit and she needs my rental money.

She also has me pay her in cash every month for rent. So, now, I'm going to just give her 1/2 a month's rent, and tell her that I don't have the money for the full month and she should take it out of the security deposit like she had agreed.

I'm so frustrated. Is there any way she can retaliate on me for this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home